Mia Marrone Heart Foundation Pendant

Friday, October 21, 2011

Stanford or Ohio

Thursday morning I had a phone consult with Dr Galantowicz from Ohio. It went very well and I really liked him. He said that our baby would be a candidate for the hybrid. This made me happy because it gives us more choices, but now we have to make the decision. We are going to talk a lot about what we think is best for our little girl. There are so many pros and cons to consider for each. If we choose Stanford we will have a top surgeon perform her surgeries and she will have her surgical team close by. However, she will have to have an open heart surgery in her first week of life and we worry about the long term effects on her brain. If we choose Ohio we can have a simpler procedure and postpone the open heart surgery, which will give her brain time to develop before a major surgery. However, her second surgery will be more complicated, she will have to go into an airport during flu season and she will need closer monitoring during the inter stage period. Both hospitals have the home monitoring program, which we are very happy about! We will let everyone know as soon as we make our decision. And if anyone has any input...please feel free to offer your advice!
The rest of the day I was very tired and in a lot of pain. These darn stones will not pass. I took a nap, spent some time with Wes when he got home from work and then tried to go to bed, but I just couldn't get comfortable. I finally broke down and took half a dose of Tylenol to take some of the edge off. Wes has been very worried about me. He's so caring. I cannot wait for our little girl to experience his love.

1 comment:

  1. This post is just beautiful!!! I'm really enjoying your blog!!!!!!!! As will Baby Girl someday ;)